I was tagged by LadyFleabitten
to write eight facts about my OC Damir. What makes this interesting for me is that I don't know WHICH Damir I should speak about - the Original Damir, or the Dragon Age universe Damir, who are the same character, but have very different stories. I guess I'll talk about stuff that is universal to all incarnations of him, and specify if there's something about said fact in a certain universe that is more relevant (original universe being 'Stolen Focus', and the other one being Dragon Age). Rules:1. Post 8 facts about your character2. Tag 8 other characters3. Post their names and their creators avatars
Oukkidouk, so Damir, facts silly and less so!
- Damir has a fear of blood, and of heights (more specifically, falling from high places). He isn't afraid to admit that it is so (even though he otherwise likes to maintain this cool & touch alleycat air), but will get hissy if he is teased about it. In the Dragon Age universe, he is accused of being too interested in blood magic to be allowed to go through his Harrowing (and is made Tranquil), when in truth he could never have been a blood mage because of his fear of blood. In his original appearance, his fear of blood makes it difficult for him to face his boyfriend's injuries, and his own poisoning.
- Damir has an aversion to lies - he tends not to lie, and especially in his original appearance he does not lie at all. This doesn't however mean that he will just spurt out any truth willy-nilly: he can mislead, and obscure the truth, he just doesn't outright lie. This is because in Stolen Focus he was born a Truth-Teller, a person with a very rare semi-magical ability to tell when people are lying. Not necessarily what the lie is about, but he can tell anyway. This requires him to not lie himself, though, as the ability fades the more the Truth-Teller speaks lies (knowingly). No such gift had befallen him in Dragon Age, he just finds lying doesn't suit him.
- Damir is not actively religious, but IS very interested in theology. As he says in Stolen Focus:
“I enjoy the theological discussion of the Patrons, but I am not a devout man, no. My interest is mostly academic, if you like. And aesthetic, obviously. And the routine? Well, it certainly helps. Especially lately…” His Patron in Stolen Focus is the Serpent, the goddess of Secrets.
- Damir is left-handed.
- Damir is vain, and doesn't bother denying it. Dressing well, and keeping his hair and eyeliner in place is important to him both because he likes to look good, and because he enjoys the routine. He particularly likes to dress in yellow and wear gold jewelry, but any bright and striking colors work as well.
- Damir has restless feet - he is by occupation & strictly speaking a scholar and loves libraries and archives and Cathedrals / Chantries, but likes to head out and explore his surroundings, slinking his way (in more discreet clothing) from the glory of the rich neighborhoods down all the way to the shadier parts of town, and tends to know his home town down to every alley. In truth he tends to prefer the shadier parts of town to the rich areas.
- Damir rolls around in his sleep, and it's not uncommon of him to fall out of bed because of it. Much to the dismay of anyone who actually tries to sleep next to him. Thankfully he can be cuddled into stillness. ^u^
- Damir loves mango ice cream and spicy mint tea, and is allergic to seafood (but not FISH, thankfully - he would be forced to a pretty limited diet if that were so in Stolen Focus, living in a prominent port town...)
Iiiii don't honestly know who to tag? I'm not very connected on DeviantArt. ;u; Just anyone who reads this and wants to blabber about their brainchildren, tell everyone I tagged you?